While Mid-City Steel remains open as an essential critical infrastructure supplier, our number one priority is the safety of our employees, our
customers, and the surrounding community. We want to assure the public that we are taking proactive steps to protect our employees and their
families by following the advice and guidance provided by the WHO, the CDC, La Crosse County, and OSHA.
Preventative measures include:
- Increased cleanliness: in addition to our daily cleaning protocol we have also put in place additional deep cleaning with an outside
- Masks and temperature checks required for visitors who enter by appointment.
- Daily temperature check procedures put in place for all employees.
- Contactless delivery and pick-up service is available.
- Physical distancing reminders communicated and posted for employees.
- Office employees have flexibility to work remotely from home as needed.
- Implementation of staggered lunches and breaks.
- Utilization of web-based communication in place of in-person meetings.
- One-way traffic patterns have been established in high-traffic areas in office buildings.
- Offices closed to public without appointment.
- Touchless dispensers and sanitizers installed in all bathrooms and work areas.
- Protocol for employees who do not feel well to remain at home.
Mid-City Steel continues to monitor the situation and will adjust procedures as new information comes available regarding COVID-19.